History of our Church
Giving effect to their vision of impacting the city of Pretoria, members of the Hatfield Christian Church, living in the Northern parts of Pretoria, established a video church in the northern area of the city. Within weeks it had grown to such an extent that meetings had to be moved to a small hall on the same premises.
The congregation kept multiplying rapidly and the Pretoria North Town Hall had to be procured for meetings. By the end of 1995, the congregation numbered approximately 500, and the leadership felt that it was God's time for establishing an autonomous congregation. A property of 7, 5 ha. was purchased in Akasia and a building project commenced. In January 1998 the congregation moved into its new 1000 seater building with much gratitude to God and with great expectation to lead the "Greater North" into the Kingdom of God.
Soon it was obvious that the growth of the congregation exceeded the number of seats available and phase two of the building project commenced. In 2001 the new addition was completed which could seat close to 3000 people.
Pastor Francois van Niekerk initially pastored the congregation. In January 2003 Pastor Carel and Mariët Berndt was ordained as the Senior Pastor’s couple. The pastoral team currently exists of Pastors Gebhardt Berndt, Grant Neuper, Marius van Biljon, Shadrack Motswai and Erik van Rhyn, along with a team of directors, shepherds and leaders.
An additional morning service commenced from March 2013 with current service times as 08h00, 10h00 and the normal evening service of 18h00.